Projects & Research
Iceland GeoSurvey‘s team of specialists, scientists, technicians and consultants have worked on geothermal projects all over the world.
Selected list of customers
ÍSOR has provided almost all the research carried out in the geothermal fields in Iceland as well as the volumetric assessment, numerical modelling, conceptual modelling, siting of all wells, testing of wells and providing all consultancy and monitoring of the drilling itself as well as reservoir management and monitoring.
ÍSOR has been providing services including resource evaluation, utilization, training and feasibility studies.
ÍSOR was the lead in this 5-year geothermal capacity building program by Iceland’s ICEIDA in cooperation with Nicaraguan government agencies.
ÍSOR supported Iceland Drilling in providing drilling and related services to the geothermal power project on the Caribbean island state of Dominica.
One of the projects in the Philippines was in Mindora and included partial surface exploration, drilling and flow testing.
Space Heating, Himalayas, India
Small demonstration project for utilization of low-temperature geothermal water for space heating.
Cooperation projects in East Africa
Together with several cooperation partners, ÍSOR has worked extensively across the East African region providing services to developers, governments, government agencies, donors and financial institutions.
in Latin America & Asia
Together with partners, ÍSOR has also worked for clients in Chile, Indonesia and China.
ÍSOR has also worked across key geothermal regions in Europe for European and international clients.
Iceland GeoSurvey (ÍSOR) takes part in many research projects, both to expand their own understanding and to search for ground breaking knowledge in the field of earth sciences and geothermal energy. The research projects are supported of energy companies or domestic and foreign research funds, such as the European Union and the Geothermal Research Group (GEORG) of which ÍSOR is a part.
Below is a list of few research projects: [pages linked to old ISOR Website]
- GeConnect – Tight Geothermal Casing Connections for Axial Stress Mitigation
- COSEISMIQ – COntrol SEISmicity and Manage Induced earthQuakes
- GEMex – Cooperation in Geothermal energy research Europe-Mexico for development of Enhanced Geothermal Systems and Superhot Geothermal Systems
- The SUSTAIN drilling program in Surtsey
- Geothermal Energy at 4200 m elevation in India
- DEEPEGS – Deployment of deep enhanced geothermal systems for sustainable energy business
- GeoWell – Innovative materials and designs for long-life high-temperature geothermal wells
- Deep Roots of Geothermal Systems
- IMAGE: Integrated Methods for Advanced Geothermal Exploration
- GREENBAS – Sustainable Fibres from Basalt Mining
- NAGTEC (Northeast Atlantic Geoscience TECtonostratigraphic Atlas)
- GEISER: Geothermal Engineering Integrating Mitigation of Induced Seismicity in Reservoirs
- THERMOMAP: Area Mapping of Superficial Geothermic Resources by Soil and Groundwater Data