As a guiding principle, Iceland GeoSurvey (ÍSOR) aspires to use information technology in its operation, including for the storage, processing and dissemination of data.
This will be accomplished by:
- following and adopting the latest information technology
- maintaining a professional discussion about information technology among the employees of ÍSOR
- maintaining a coordination group on information technology and data issues
- providing an expert service and advice to the customers of ÍSOR on information technology and data issues
- the selection of software that fulfills the wishes and needs of users, and that is economical and can be integrated with other information technology
- the data that ÍSOR acquires or produces for its own purposes or for its customers is recorded and stored in safe and responsible manner in a standardized, electronic and accessible format as much as achievable.
- clear stipulations about the ownership of and access to the data that ÍSOR acquires, generates and stores
- not handing over data to a third party for inspection, usage or publication without the express consent of the owners of the data